As childcare sites and schools deal with a challenging situation due to COVID-19, the Marion Downs Center is concerned about late identification of hearing, vision, or speech concerns.
The KidScreen program is anxious to conduct hearing, vision, and speech screenings for the community. These screenings help identify potential obstacles to a child’s communication, development, learning, and success.
MDC follows all CDC guidelines and protocols for the safety of the children and our staff. Children will undergo their childcare site or school’s COVID-19 screening prior to being seen by MDC staff.
- Any staff/intern who is sick or not feeling well will stay home and not work.
- Each staff/intern will have a temperature check at the beginning of each day. They will not work if their temperature exceeds 100.3 (CDC guidelines).
- Each staff/intern will wear all applicable PPE, as defined by the specific site, including face masks and shields.
- 6-foot physical distancing rules will be maintained as much as possible, outside of necessary close contact to conduct screenings.
- Screening equipment and all items touched by children will be wiped down and sanitized after each child’s screening.
- Staff/interns will wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available, after each child’s screening.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about KidScreen services.