About Marion's Way
Marion's Way is a program of the Marion Downs Center designed to support young children with hearing loss and their families.
We host a summer preschool, Marion's Way Preschool and provide opportunities for parent support as needed.
Marion’s Way Preschool is an intensive summer preschool program for children who are deaf or hard of hearing incorporating a language-rich environment and instruction with a focus on developing listening and spoken language skills.
Theme-based learning experiences incorporated into language, cognitive, and literacy activities for children will support social, emotional, and pre-academic development. Technology will optimize auditory access. Parent participation and training will support carryover of these skills to home and family environments.
Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis based on eligibility requirements.
- Ages 3-5
- Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- No significant additional disabilities or challenges that impact acquisition of spoken English
- English spoken language levels of 2 years-5 years
- Participation is required for pre & post speech/language, learning, and hearing assessments at the Marion Downs Center (MDC). This is 2 or 3 visits each 1.5 hours in length.
- Parents participate in all parent information sessions
- Referral from parent, teacher, early intervention provider, speech-language pathologist, or audiologist
- Release of Information from medical and school audiologist also needed
Schedule and Location:
- The 6-week program meets on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from June 23rd to July 29th. Note there will be no class the week of July 4th.
- Assessments are completed in May/early June at the MDC (4280 Hale Parkway, Denver 80220)
- The Preschool meets at the Anchor Center (2550 Roslyn Street, Denver 80238)
Tuition and Scholarships:
- Tuition is $2,200 and includes 6 weeks of preschool and 3 parent information sessions
- Participation will not be limited by family’s financial resources
- Scholarships are available