Campus Connection Updates
Campus Connections: Get Set Up for Success After High School
A Transition Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Deaf-Blind Teens Seeking Post-Secondary Education And/Or Employment
Many high school students with hearing loss struggle with college or post-secondary training. They may not know how to access services or are aware of their rights and experience social isolation.
For over a decade, Campus Connections has taught deaf and hard of hearing teenagers to:
- Navigate the college application system
- Prepare for college life
- Request and receive services needed
- Learn about different accommodations and technologies
- Meet and interact with DHH Adults with diverse experiences
- Experience life on a real college campus.
- Improve self-advocacy skills
Campus Connections also prepares parents and family members/guardians in giving effective support as DHH teenagers navigate through their journey into adulthood.