Campus Connections: Get Set Up for Success After High School
A Transition Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teens Seeking Post-Secondary Education or On-The-Job Training
Many high school students with hearing loss struggle with college or post-secondary training. They may not know how to access services or are aware of their rights and experience social isolation.
For over a decade, Campus Connections has taught deaf and hard of hearing teenagers to:
- navigate the college application system
- request and receive services needed
- Learn about different accommodations and technologies inside and outside of the classroom.
- Meet and interact with DHH Adults with diverse experiences in post-secondary settings.
- Experience life on a real college campus.
Campus Connections also prepares parents and family members/guardians in giving effective support as DHH teenagers navigate through their journey into adulthood.
After a 2 year hiatus, our next Campus Connections event is tentatively planned for April 2022. Stay tuned for more information or fill out the contact form below to get updates through email.